The Irving S. Wright Legacy Society is an honorary society created to recognize and thank individuals who make a planned gift to AFAR. For more information contact Karen Wenderoff at Karen@afar.org or (212) 703-9977.
Irving S. Wright Legacy Society
Leaving a legacy of support to the American Federation for Aging Research (AFAR) allows you to combine charitable giving goals with estate and financial planning.
Your gift will make a lasting impact, allowing AFAR not only to fund programs that advance scientific research into the causes, treatments, and cures for age-related diseases, but also to build the pipeline of scientists and physicians whose research will help us all live healthier, longer.
Named in honor of AFAR's founder, the Irving S. Wright Legacy Society is an honorary society created to recognize and thank individuals who make a planned gift to AFAR.
As a member of the Society, you are entitled to special benefits:
• Invitations to AFAR's special events and meetings
• Up-to-date information on new medical findings about living healthier, longer
• Recognition in AFAR's annual report
• Special invitation to the Society's annual luncheon
• Meetings with top scientists
As a member, you can choose to:
• direct your support to specific areas of research that look at the basic mechanisms of aging in disease, such as Alzheimer's disease, cardiovascular disease, or cancer
• allow AFAR to direct your support where research is most needed
• allocate your gift to the Irving S. Wright Endowment Fund
Once you inform AFAR of your planned gift, you are automatically enrolled as a member of the Society.
AFAR offers planned giving arrangements that are feasible for donors of all income levels.